Welcome to the website for scheduling time slots to work on the Geology Structure-from-Motion Computers! Since these are ‘high grade’ computers, we will call them ‘Schist’ and ‘Gneiss’. For reference, the 2 GPU computer is only needed if you are processing large SfM models. Please click on the following links to schedule work time for the computers:
These computers were funded by student technology fees for the use of SfM. With this in mind, people who want to create models using SfM have time slot priorities at all times. Time slots are booked in increments of 1 hour. Please try to be cognizant of fellow students and try not to take over time slots for multiple days, unless you are processing a large SfM model.
Hard drive storage for each computer is 1TB. The hard drive is a Solid State Drive (SSD), increasing read/write speed. To allow students to process large models that require a lot of memory, please make sure to move all of your files to a personal thumb drive or external hard drive at the end of your time slot and remove all of your files from the hard drive on the computer.
The hard drive will be wiped at the end of the semester, so make sure your data is backed up and will not be lost!
How to Reserve a Time Slot
Click on a time slot and modify the entries as shown below:
- Agisoft MetashapeProfessional
- Matlab R2018b
- R and RStudio Version 1.1.463
- Esri ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1
- Cloud Compare Version 2.11 alpha
- Python 3 and Anaconda
- SGeMs beta x64
- Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word 2016
- Adobe Creative Suite 2019 (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) – Gneiss Computer Only
Please contact Johanna Eidmann (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like particular programs installed that are not currently in the list above.
- Monitor: LG 34CB88-P 34″ 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD IPS Monitor
- Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G3 1000W 80 Plus Gold Modular
- Memory: Kingston 64gb DDR4-3600 4x16GB 288-Pin DIMM Memory
- Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-A LGA1151 ATX
- SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M.2 Internal SSD
- GPU: Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 AMP Graphics Card
- CPU: Intel i9-9900k
- CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U95 92mm
- Case: Thermaltake Suppressor F31 – mid tower – ATX
- Case Fans: (3x) Noctua NF-A14, (1x) Noctua NF-A20
- Mouse & Keyboard: Logitech MK235 Wi